Sunday, May 14, 2017

1Reflection for Monday May 15, Fifth Week of Easter: John 14:21-26

Gospel: John 14:21-26
Jesus said to his disciples: "Whoever has my commandments and observes them is the one who loves me. Whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and reveal myself to him." Judas, not the Iscariot, said to him, "Master, then what happened that you will reveal yourself to us and not to the world?" Jesus answered and said to him, "Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words; yet the word you hear is not mine but that of the Father who sent me.

"I have told you this while I am with you. The Advocate, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name— he will teach you everything and remind you of all that I told you."
+ + + + +  + +
Reflection:
There’s a story about a couple who always go to Sunday Mass to fulfill their Sunday obligation. While in church they look pious and devoted to the faith. However when they go home their other side which is their real personality is suddenly revealed. They shout at their maid, they yell at their kids and they act like dictators in their house.

Do they really love God? I don’t think so, their love for God is superficial and is limited inside the four walls of their church.

In the gospel Jesus says: “Whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and reveal myself to him.” Certainly Jesus and God the Father the first two persons of the trinity have not revealed themselves to this couple.

Jesus further states: “Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.”

Sometimes it’s very hard for many of us to understand the mystery of the oneness of God and Jesus simply because we are not true to our faith. What we hear and learn in the church during the Priest sermon/homily just comes in and out in our ears. Many of us don’t live and give substance to our faith. – Marino J. Dasmarinas 

No comments: