Monday, December 5, 2016

Reflection for Wednesday December 7, Saint Ambrose, Bishop and Doctor of the Church; Matthew 11:28-30

Matthew 11:28-30
Jesus said to the crowds: “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.
+ + + + + + +
Reflection:
There’s a story of a man who would always drink to kingdom come whenever he had problems. When he is drunk already he would disturb the peace of his family, he would verbally abuse his wife and his children and blame them for all their miseries.  Many fathers are like this! But what can they get from this temporal escape? They only further mire themselves with more problems until their problems takes control of them.

In our gospel for today Jesus gives us a foolproof invitation, HE tells us: “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light (Matthew 11:28-30).”

What are we going to do with this invitation? Of course we have to accept and open our lives to Jesus. If we would not accept and continue to keep out Jesus in our lives we would continue to be enslaved by this world. And when a person is a slave of this world he/she has no peace of mind and will be forever be burdened by the worries of this world.

Will you go to Jesus and allow Him to help you carry your life’s burdens? – Marino J. Dasmarinas 

No comments: