Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Reflection for May 3, Tuesday, Feast of Saints Philip and James, Apostles; John 14:6-14

Gospel: John 14:6-14
Jesus said to Thomas, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you know me, then you will also know my Father. From now on you do know him and have seen him.” Philip said to him, “Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us.” Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else, believe because of the works themselves. Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I do, and will do greater ones than these, because I am going to the Father. And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it.”
+ + + + + + +
Reflection:
Do you want to know God? You first have to know Jesus for it’s only through Jesus that you will know God. But how will you know Jesus? You have to pray and you have to ask Jesus to give you the grace of knowing Him deeper and the grace of having a personal relationship with Him.

How else will you have a personal encounter with Jesus? You have to read His life in the bible you have to attend Holy Mass most especially during Sunday. And then whatever you learn about Jesus you have to live in your life.

It’s always through Jesus that you will have an awareness of the presence of God the Father in your life. For Jesus is the gateway to knowing more about God and through Jesus our eyes will be opened to the many truths about our faith.  

Do you want to know the way, do you want to know the many real truths about life and do you want to find the real meaning of your life? You have to ask Jesus and you have to ask the Holy Spirit to enlighten you more about Jesus.

To have Jesus is to have life, to have Jesus is to find the real way that leads to peace and contentment. To have Jesus is to discover the real meaning of life a life that is very much different from the life that this world is forcing us to accept.  

In our gospel, Jesus tells Thomas and us too, , “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you know me, then you will also know my Father. From now on you do know him and have seen him (John 14:6-7).” – Marino J. Dasmarinas 

No comments: