Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Reflection for May 10, Tuesday of the Seventh Week of Easter; John 17:1-11a

Gospel: John 17:1-11a
Jesus raised his eyes to heaven and said, “Father, the hour has come. Give glory to your son, so that your son may glorify you, just as you gave him authority over all people, so that your son may give eternal life to all you gave him. Now this is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ. I glorified you on earth by accomplishing the work that you gave me to do. Now glorify me, Father, with you, with the glory that I had with you before the world began.

“I revealed your name to those whom you gave me out of the world. They belonged to you, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word. Now they know that everything you gave me is from you, because the words you gave to me I have given to them, and they accepted them and truly understood that I came from you, and they have believed that you sent me. I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for the ones you have given me, because they are yours, and everything of mine is yours and everything of yours is mine, and I have been glorified in them. And now I will no longer be in the world, but they are in the world, while I am coming to you.”
+ + + + + + +
Reflection:
There is a story of a man who worked hard to amass wealth. But on the course of his obsession to be wealthy he also noticed that whatever wealth that he amassed  immediately fly away from his hands.

It became a vicious cycle for him, he works hard then he ends up with nothing. Why? Because he worked with the wrong motivation, he worked for this world alone. Thus he was slowly being eaten by the materialistic and evil culture of this world.

What is your life’s motivation? Is it to live a comfortable life by way of amassing anything that is of this world? If this is your motivation that would be catastrophic, for anything of this world is of this world. Anyone that loves the things of this world is already imprisoned to the curse of this world.  

Jesus lived in this world not to become a citizen of this world. He lived in this world only to fulfill the will of God for HIM and that is to give His very own life for our sake. Jesus knew that He would gain nothing if HE favors this world over HIS fidelity to HIS mission of salvation. 

What are you living for in this world? Do you live in this world for you to become a citizen of this world alone? – Marino J. Dasmarinas  

No comments: