Friday, June 16, 2017

Reflection for Friday June 23, The Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus: Matthew 11:25-30

Gospel: Matthew 11:25-30
At that time Jesus exclaimed: "I give praise to you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned you have revealed them to little ones. Yes, Father, such has been your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son wishes to reveal him. "Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light."

Reflections:
Do you have a devotion to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus?

Today is the Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, through his Sacred Heart Jesus is telling us this: “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

Even if they were equal in stature Jesus always prayed to God the Father, Jesus always humbles Himself before God. A good question to ask ourselves: Do we always find time to pray to God to praise Him and thank Him? Do we always humble ourselves before God?

Sometimes there’s a tendency for us to forget God and be proud of our worldly achievements. For the reason that we have the education and money, we forget God and allow ourselves to be swept away from God.  
Our earthly achievements and possessions may create a sense of security for us. However this is a big lie, no matter how learned we are, no matter how rich we are it will not guaranty our security and happiness in this world. For the simple reason that true happiness and security is only with Jesus.

On the latter part of the gospel Jesus invites us to come to Him for He will give us rest. Humbly come to Him by way of perpetually attending Holy Mass, humbly come to Him through the Sacrament of Confession/Reconciliation, and humbly come to Him through the Sacrament of Communion.

The moment we sincerely accept Jesus’ invitation, we would truly find rest in Him. – Marino J. Dasmarinas 

No comments: