Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Reflection for December 9, Wednesday of the Second Week of Advent: Matthew 11:28-30

Matthew 11:28-30
Jesus said to the crowds: “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.”
+ + + + + + +
Reflection:
There’s a story about a very rich man who was so burdened by his problems. He tried many ways to solve, he thought his money would help him solve his problems, to no avail. He went to his friends and indulge in drinking sessions and vices yet it did not solve his problems.

He was living like a ship without a rudder aimlessly drifting to nowhere, he didn’t know it but he was slowly wasting his life. Until he meet a relative who was an active member of the church. He opened-up to him and the relative listened.

At the end the relative had only one advice: “Go and spend time with Jesus in the adoration chapel. Then, don’t miss Sunday Mass and when you are at Mass be attentive and listen to every word being spoken for many of it will speak to you. You also read your bible for Jesus will also speak to you there. To cut short a long story, he made a devotion to the adoration chapel, went to Holy Mass as often as he could. And regularly read his bible.

After a few weeks he already had a normal family life. Yes, from time to time there were still problems that need to be sorted out. But he knows now where to go. Not to his vices, not to his money not even to his friends. But to Jesus in the adoration chapel, to Jesus in the Holy Mass and to Jesus  in the Holy bible.

In the gospel Jesus said: “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.

Why does Jesus invites us to go to him? We who are sinful and we who are beset by our many burdens. This is for the reason that Jesus loves us dearly, Jesus doesn’t want us to waste our life by finding earthy solutions to our burdens.

Take this offer of Jesus by surrendering your life to Him. And see for yourself the miracle that He will create in your life the moment you surrender it to Him. - Marino J. Dasmarinas

No comments: