Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Reflection for April 26, Friday of the Fourth Week of Easter: John 14:1-6


Gospel: John 14:1-6
Do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me. In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be. 

Where [I] am going you know the way. Thomas said to him, “Master, we do not know where you are going; how can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way and the truth* and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

+ + + + + + +

Reflection:

Do you know where would you go after your journey in this world is over? 

Perhaps many of us may lose sleep by mere mention of death, we don’t want to die at this point because we are not yet prepared. But who is prepared to die? Nobody, we are not prepared to die. Why? For the simple reason that majority of us still love to be in this world and enjoy whatever it can still offer us.

Nevertheless, Jesus is telling us in the gospel not to be troubled. For as long as we have faith in Him we would be OK even if we die. For our faith and friendship with Jesus is more than enough to conquer our fear of death. 

Therefore, we have to do our part to get close to Jesus for as long as we live. If we are close to Jesus we have nothing to fear, even death we will not fear. Jesus Himself assures us with these words: Do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me. In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places (John 14:1-2). - Marino J. Dasmarinas

No comments: