Thursday, May 6, 2021

Reflection for May 6 Thursday of the Fifth Week of Easter: John 15:9-11


Gospel: John 15:9-11
(Jesus said to his disciples) “As the Father loves me, so I also love you. Remain in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his love. “I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete.”

+ + + + +  + +

Reflection:

What is the primary fruit of remaining in God’s love? Its joy, hope and faith. 

When Jesus told the disciples that they must remain in HIS love HE knew that they would be going through trials, persecution and even death as they do their mission for HIM. And true enough, the apostles went through all of these except for Judas who betrayed HIM. 

Why is it important to remain in Jesus’ love? This is for the reason that we cannot rely on anyone’s love in this world except HIS love. We cannot rely on the love of our spouse even the love of our children we cannot rely on it. Because their love is based on human emotion that is always subject to change. 

Therefore what would remain is Jesus’ infinite love for us, this love is not subject to any form of human emotion. God’s love for us in anchored on infinite love, forbearance and forgiveness.   

As we journey in this world, we will sin and we will fail the expectation of the Lord. Nonetheless, God’s love is always there for us no matter what we have done. The Lord is always offering us this love and He begs us not to let go of it anymore by rebuking SIN whenever it appears in our doorstep. 

Do you always keep the Commandments of the Lord? – Marino J. Dasmarinas    

No comments: