Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Reflection for Sunday May 10, Fifth Sunday of Easter: John 14:1-12




Gospel: John 14:1-12
Jesus said to his disciples: "Do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me. In my Father's house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be. Where I am going you know the way."

Thomas said to him, "Master, we do not know where you are going; how can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you know me, then you will also know my Father. From now on you do know him and have seen him." Philip said to him, "Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip?

Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else, believe because of the works themselves. Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I do, and will do greater ones than these, because I am going to the Father."
+ + + + + + +
Reflection:
To whom do we put our destiny in this world? Do we put it in the hands of the government or we put it in the hands of God. In this era of covid-19 pandemic the government has put our destiny in their own hands. So, what we do is we don’t go out and we keep ourselves quarantined in our respective homes. We are even prevented from going out to practice our faith obligations such as to attend Holy Mass during Sundays.

But where would this culture of my destiny is in my hands or my destiny rest in the government hands bring us? This will eventually bring us to an existence in this world with a nominal God. A God that hardly matters anymore and when God becomes a nonessential for our existence we become creatures of this world rather than creation of God.

In the gospel Jesus tells us that we must believe more in Him more than we believe in ourselves. Believe more in Him more than we believe in the orders of the government to quarantine ourselves so that we can avoid getting sick of Covid-19.Hence, we defy government and we go out as if there is no danger of getting sick of Covid-19?

No we don’t defy the government neither we go out as if there is no danger of getting sick of covid-19. We simply put our destiny in the hands of God more than in the hands of the government and our own hands. We simply let go of our worries and let our almighty God take care of it. We therefore have to pray very hard to the Lord to help us banish this Covid-19 from the face of the earth. Because only in the hands of God lies the solution to this Covid-19 pandemic.

We cannot do anything without the intervention of the Lord, we are simply helpless without God. For only in God’s hands we would have life beyond this word.

To whom do we trust our destiny in this world? – Marino J. Dasmarinas

No comments: