Wednesday, May 20, 2020

1Reflection for May 23, Saturday of the Sixth Week of Easter: John 16:23b-28


Gospel: John 16:23b-28
Jesus said to his disciples: "Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you. Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete.

"I have told you this in figures of speech. The hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figures but I will tell you clearly about the Father. On that day you will ask in my name, and I do not tell you that I will ask the Father for you. For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have come to believe that I came from God. I came from the Father and have come into the world. Now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father."
+ + + + + + +
Reflection:
The story is told about an old man who was on his death bed and he was calling on Jesus to bring him into His kingdom. His relatives were whispering among themselves that he was already hallucinating. Then, suddenly the dying man breathed deeply and said to them: Jesus is here now and He’s holding my hand after which the dying man breathed his last with a smile on his face.

The name of Jesus is very powerful it can give us peace and serenity it can ward off evil thoughts and spirits. But do we invoke Jesus name often? Maybe yes or no or perhaps we only remember to call on Jesus when we are in dire need of Him. But after we’re through and over with our difficulties we once again forget Him. For example, surely many are praying hard right now because of Covid-19 but after this Covid-19 pandemic? Would many of us pray deeply to the Lord as before?

The name of Jesus is very powerful let us never forget to always invoke it. Let us call upon the powerful name of Jesus when we are tired of the daily grind of life. Let us call upon the powerful name of Jesus when we are losing hope caused by this Covid-19. Let us call upon the powerful name of Jesus when we are sick and so forth.   

In good times and in bad times let us always remember to call on Jesus. Let us ask Him to bring our prayers to the Father for He will never fail us.  – Marino J. Dasmarinas 

No comments: