Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Reflection for May 12, Tuesday of the Sixth Week of Easter; John 16:5-11

Gospel: John 16:5-11
Jesus said to his disciples: “Now I am going to the one who sent me, and not one of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’ But because I told you this, grief has filled your hearts. But I tell you the truth, it is better for you that I go. For if I do not go, the Advocate will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. And when he comes he will convict the world in regard to sin and righteousness and condemnation: sin, because they do not believe in me; righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will no longer see me; condemnation, because the ruler of this world has been condemned.
+ + + + + + +
Reflection:
Have you been through an episode in your life where you somehow feel that God has somewhat abandoned you? We all pass through this kind of experience perhaps not only once but many times over in our lifetime.

But God never leaves us for He is always with us. His presence within us is coursed through us by the Holy Spirit. Jesus through the abiding presence of the Holy Spirit is always with us. Thus, we have nothing to fear! For we know that through the Holy Spirit God is always with us, it’s in fact us who forget of His presence in us.

We only have to connect with God to discern His presence in us. We can do this by our prayers, presence at Holy Mass, by reading of the words of God in the bible, by spending time with Him in the adoration chapel, by our interaction with Him through the sacraments of the church.

In the gospel, Jesus is already saying His farewell to His disciples for he will soon be arrested. Yet He continuously assures them of His sacred presence in their lives. This presence is made manifest to them by the presence of the Holy Spirit who would be their helper and advocate in whatever way.

We are never alone for God through the Holy Spirit is always with us. The Holy Spirit is ever ready to lift us up whenever we are feeling down, unloved and neglected by the people of this world. We simply have to have an awareness of its presence in our lives. – Marino J. Dasmarinas 

No comments: