Monday, October 22, 2007

A very good poem for All Souls Day (Nov.2)



When I'm Gone

by: Lyman Hancock



When I’ve come to the end of my journey

And I have traveled my very last mile

Forget if you can that I’ve frowned

Remember only my smile...



Forgive unkind words I have spoken

Remember some good I have done

Forget I ever had heartache

And remember only our fun...



Forget that I've stumbled and fumbled

And sometimes fell by the way

Remember: I fought some hard battles

But had you at the close of my day...



Do not grieve for my going

I would not have you sad this day

But in time gather some flowers

And remember the place where I lay...



Perhaps in the shade of evening

When the sun paints the sky in the West

Come stand a few moments above me

Remembering only the best...


No comments: