Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Reflection for Friday April 27; the Fourth Week of Easter: John 14:1-6

Gospel: John 14:1-6
Jesus said to his disciples: “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me. In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be. Where I am going you know the way.” Thomas said to him, “Master, we do not know where you are going; how can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
+ + + + +  + +
Reflection:
Do you want to find meaning in your life?

Perhaps many of us are already tired of the drudgery of life, It may seem that life is just a routine. We wake-up in the morning, go to work and go home, then the next morning we do the same once again. As if we live like robots in this world; there is no clear path that would point us to something meaningful and profound.

In our gospel for today Jesus gives us a revelation on how to have a meaningful and profound life in this world. Jesus tells us, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me (John 14:6).” What does this statement of Jesus represent to us? Does this impel us to hunger for Him daily? Or there is no effect at all and there’s no feeling of  urgency to know more about Jesus.

When Jesus said, I am the way and the truth and the life. He was ingeniously telling His disciples to follow Me and you’ll know the truth about life. That the true meaning of life has nothing to do with anything of this world. What you cling now in this world is nothing compared to what you’ll receive if only you would decide to follow me. – Marino J. Dasmarinas

No comments: