Monday, July 10, 2017

Reflection for Monday July 17, Fifteenth Week in Ordinary Time: Matthew 10:34-11:1

Gospel: Matthew 10:34-11:1
Jesus said to his Apostles: "Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth. I have come to bring not peace but the sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and one's enemies will be those of his household.

"Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever does not take up his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

"Whoever receives you receives me, and whoever receives me receives the one who sent me. Whoever receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and whoever receives a righteous man because he is righteous will receive a righteous man's reward. And whoever gives only a cup of cold water to one of these little ones to drink because he is a disciple–amen, I say to you, he will surely not lose his reward."

When Jesus finished giving these commands to his Twelve disciples, he went away from that place to teach and to preach in their towns.
 + + + +  + +
Reflection:
A very generous man was being envied by his friend because he does not seem to run out of money even if he constantly give money and food to his poor neighbors. So the friend asked this very generous man: “What is your secret that you don’t seem to run out of money? The generous man said, no secret at all I just give because I want to give.

Whatever that we generously give will come back to us a hundred fold if we don’t believe this let us try to be generous even for a week and see the reward that will be ploughed back to us. Reward that is not only limited with money, we may receive reward by way of good health, peace of mind and the like.

Jesus in our gospel mentions reward for those who do good no matter how small the act of goodness and generosity. Why? This is for the reason that it’s in giving that we would always receive and the more that we give the more that we would receive. -  Marino J. Dasmarinas   

No comments: