Friday, May 19, 2017

Reflection for Tuesday May 23, Sixth Week of Easter: John 16:5-11

Gospel: John 16:5-11
Jesus said to his disciples: "Now I am going to the one who sent me, and not one of you asks me, 'Where are you going?' But because I told you this, grief has filled your hearts. But I tell you the truth, it is better for you that I go. For if I do not go, the Advocate will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. And when he comes he will convict the world in regard to sin and righteousness and condemnation: sin, because they do not believe in me; righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will no longer see me; condemnation, because the ruler of this world has been condemned."
+ + + + + + +
Reflection:    
Have you experienced saying goodbye to someone?
          
Saying goodbye permanently to a love one or a friend is always a heart wrenching experience. We may even wish that there would be no more goodbyes anymore. But the reality of life is that we shall say goodbye permanently someday whether we like it or not we shall say goodbye on a time that God has willed for us.

But let us not let our goodbye be a forgetful experience by not doing something indelible in the lives of our fellowmen. As we live in this world let us do something good that will remain forever in the minds of those who know us.

So that when our time to say goodbye come our beautiful deeds would forever be imprinted in the hearts of those who know us.

Jesus in our gospel reading today was indirectly saying goodbye to the disciples but more than two thousand years had passed since then He still remain a positive influence in our lives. Why? This is for the reason that He did the greatest good for all of us. – Marino J. Dasmarinas 

No comments: