Thursday, May 4, 2017

Reflection for Friday May 5, Third Week of Easter: John 6:52-59

Gospel: John 6:52-59
The Jews quarrelled among themselves, saying, "How can this man give us his Flesh to eat?" Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the Flesh of the Son of Man and drink his Blood, you do not have life within you. Whoever eats my Flesh and drinks my Blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. For my Flesh is true food, and my Blood is true drink. Whoever eats my Flesh and drinks my Blood remains in me and I in him. Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died, whoever eats this bread will live forever." These things he said while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.
+ + + + + + +
Reflection:
What is the difference between a person who is a regular Communicant and the person who doesn’t partake of the Body of Christ at Holy Communion? The person who devoutly goes to Holy Mass and who lets himself be nourished by the Body of Christ is slowly but surely being transformed by the Body of Christ to become Christ like.

What does this mean to you? It means that the very moment you allow the Body of Christ to come into you. You also open yourself the opportunity to be an alter ego of Jesus. In other words it simply means that you become an ambassador of Jesus when you receive Him.

But do we really allow this to happen to us? Do we really allow the Body of Christ to spiritually nourish and transform us? Many of us go to Holy Communion regularly but we never change. There’s no positive behavioral and spiritual transformation that occurs within us. This is for the reason that we don’t allow the Body of Christ to transform us.

One sure sign that the Body of Jesus Christ is transforming us already is when we are able to share and live His teachings. When we are able to forgive those who’ve hurt us, when we are able to overcome our own sinfulness and our own arrogance and pride.

Have we already shared and lived Jesus? Have we already asked Jesus to help us overpower our own sinfulness, arrogance and pride? - Marino J. Dasmarinas 

No comments: