Saturday, May 7, 2016

Reflection for May 7, Saturday of the Sixth Week of Easter; John 16:23b-28

Gospel: John 16:23b-28
Jesus said to his disciples: “Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you. Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete.

“I have told you this in figures of speech. The hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figures but I will tell you clearly about the Father. On that day you will ask in my name, and I do not tell you that I will ask the Father for you. For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have come to believe that I came from God. I came from the Father and have come into the world. Now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father.”
+ + + + + + +
Reflection:
A young man was asking Jesus to make him rich, so he prayed and asked. After three months of asking and praying the man never received his prayer petitions. He was deeply puzzled why he has not received what he wanted.

 Until he had a dream wherein Jesus told him this, “You did not receive what you prayed for because you just relaxed in your house you never exerted effort to realize what you want. So the next day the young man prayed once again and he coupled his prayers with actions and after a period of time he was able to achieve what he was asking from Jesus.

Our petitions for Jesus must not end with our vocal prayers only. We must see to it that we follow it up with actions. For example, we desire something, of course we have to pray and it must not end with our prayers. We must work very hard to realize what we are praying for.

Jesus will generously help us achieve what we want to happen in our lives for as long as we will exert every ounce of effort to have it. In other words it must always be prayers with actions and never prayers alone. – Marino J. Dasmarinas 

No comments: