Thursday, April 28, 2016

1Reflection for April 28 Thursday of Fifth Week of Easter, John 15:9-11

Gospel: John 15:9-11
Jesus said to his disciples: “As the Father loves me, so I also love you. Remain in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his love.

“I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete.”
+ + + + + + +
Reflection:
What makes marriage last forever? It’s love! Not love according to the meaning of this world but love according to the love of Jesus.  Unfortunately many of us express our love according to this world. Not the kind of love that Jesus mentions to us in the gospel. 

Otherwise if the love that binds a couple together in the sacrament of marriage is like the love of Jesus. There would be no divorce or separation amongst couples.

The word love has been devalued by the people of this modern world. Who is the culprit? No other than us! We have lowered to the gutter the word love because we’ve not been faithful to Jesus this is also the reason why we don’t feel the love of Jesus.

Let us go back and revisit the meaning of love as Jesus meant it to be in the sacrament of Marriage.

Here goes: For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part. – Marino J. Dasmarinas 

No comments: