Monday, March 14, 2016

1Reflection for March 14, Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent; John 8:12-20

Gospel: John 8:12-20
Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” So the Pharisees said to him, “You testify on your own behalf, so your testimony cannot be verified.” Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I do testify on my own behalf, my testimony can be verified, because I know where I came from and where I am going. But you do not know where I come from or where I am going. You judge by appearances, but I do not judge anyone. And even if I should judge, my judgment is valid, because I am not alone, but it is I and the Father who sent me. Even in your law it is written that the testimony of two men can be verified. I testify on my behalf and so does the Father who sent me.” So they said to him, “Where is your father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither me nor my Father. If you knew me, you would know my Father also.” He spoke these words while teaching in the treasury in the temple area. But no one arrested him, because his hour had not yet come.
+ + + + + +
Reflection:
Who is the light of your world? Is it Jesus or the things of this world?  Many of us make the things of this world our light. We are motivated to succeed in this world that it becomes our primary  focus. And Jesus becomes our second priority. But the problem of making this world the light of our world is our life in this world is not forever. Even this world will not last forever it can end anytime.    

In the gospel, Jesus boldly proclaims to us that He is the light of the world that illuminates each and everyone of us (John 8:12). Some of us know this some of us don’t because we continue to allow ourselves to be lighted by this world.

For those who had been enlightened by the light of Jesus. They have to ensure that this light of Jesus will continue to illuminate others most especially those who don’t know Him fully well. And those who continue to allow themselves to be enslaved by the many things of this world.  Let us therefore allow the proclamation of Jesus that He is the light of the world echo through us: Thru our words and actions.

Who is the light of your life? Is it the insatiable desire for the things of this world or Jesus? – Marino J. Dasmarinas  

No comments: