Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Reflection for April 22, Wednesday of the Third Week of Easter; John 6:35-40

Gospel: John 6:35-40
Jesus said to the crowds, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst. But I told you that although you have seen me, you do not believe. Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me, because I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me. And this is the will of the one who sent me,  that I should not lose anything of what he gave me, but that I should raise it on the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him may have eternal life, and I shall raise him on the last day.”
+ + + + + + +
Reflection:
Is Jesus the center of your life?  Well and good if yes for this is how it should be; Jesus should be the center of your life. Not money, not power or anything that is worldly it should be Jesus! Why Jesus and not anything that belongs to this world? Because when you have Jesus in your life you already have the bread of life that gives eternal life.

Life in this world is fleeting, you may leave this ephemeral life anytime, what would happen to you if Jesus is not the center of your life? For example if your motivation of living in this world is all about material things, power and enjoyment. What’s next after material things, power and enjoyment? Nothing for it’s already the dead end for a person without God.. This is the danger of not having Jesus in your life and not making Jesus the center of your life. 

In our gospel, Jesus said to the crowds: “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst (John 6:35). If you deeply believe in this statement of Jesus you will indeed not experience hunger and thirst anymore. Hunger and thirst for what? Hunger and thirst for whatever this world could offer you.

Is Jesus the center of your life right now?   – Marino J. Dasmarinas

No comments: