Friday, January 2, 2015

Reflection for Saturday January 3, Before Epiphany; John 1:29-34

Gospel: John 1:29-34
John the Baptist saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world. He is the one of whom I said, ‘A man is coming after me who ranks ahead of me because he existed before me.’ I did not know him, but the reason why I came baptizing with water was that he might be made known to Israel. John testified further, saying, “I saw the Spirit come down like a dove from the sky and remain upon him. I did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘On whomever you see the Spirit come down and remain, he is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit. Now I have seen and testified that he is the Son of God.”
+ + + + + + +
Reflection:
Would you be willing to give your life so that others may live? Jesus did that for you, He gave His very life on the cross so that you may live and have life. What have you given Jesus in return? Have you thought of silently helping the poor and unwanted which Jesus always represent?

We often have this me and myself mentality; me first, myself first before the wellbeing of others. But Jesus did not think of Himself first, it was you first and never Himself otherwise He would not have freely given His life on the cross. 

Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world as John the Baptist referred Him to be in our gospel. Let us not simply forget this ultimate sacrifice of Jesus by doing nothing, by not helping the poor and unwanted. We have to do something good for them no matter how small or insignificant for this is our responsibility.

Just imagine the good that you will be doing if you would help the poor and unwanted. Whatever good that you do for the poor they surely will do also to another poor for the poor are the most generous people that you would ever meet in this world.

What you do to the poor and unwanted you do to Jesus. You help the poor you help Jesus, you give water and food to the poor and unwanted you help Jesus. Never worry for whatever help that you silently give to the poor Jesus will plow back to you in manifold ways.

Have you silently given help to the poor? - Marino J. Dasmarinas 

No comments: