Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Reflection for April 29, Wednesday; Saint Catherine of Siena, virgin and doctor of the Church: John 6:35-40


Gospel: John 6:35-40
Jesus said to the crowds, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst. But I told you that although you have seen me, you do not believe. Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me, because I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me. And this is the will of the one who sent me, that I should not lose anything of what he gave me, but that I should raise it on the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him may have eternal life, and I shall raise him on the last day.”
+ + + + + + +
Reflection:
What benefit would we be entitled to if we worship and become friends with Jesus? We will have countless entitlements. For example Jesus mentions to us in our gospel for today that if we go to Him and believe in Him we will never hunger and thirst anymore. How could this happen? We will not know until we try, we will not know until we develop that especial relationship with Jesus.

Many of us don’t feel the big impact that Jesus does in our lives because we don’t dare take Him seriously. We oftentimes leave Him in favor of this world yet there are times also that we go to Him on bended knees because we are in need of Him. But after the storms in our lives we again start to distance ourselves from Jesus and we begin again to embrace the world. How would we know the big impact that Jesus is capable of making in our lives if we don’t take Him seriously? If we treat Him like a thing which we only get when we are in need?

We will really not thirst and hunger anymore if only we would create a home for Jesus in our hearts. This is the key: To create a home for Jesus in our hearts so that we will personally feel that what He is saying is true.

Have you already opened your heart to Jesus?  - Marino J. Dasmarinas

No comments: