Friday, May 17, 2019

Reflection for May 20, Monday: Fifth Week of Easter; John 14:21-26


Gospel: John 14:21-26

Jesus said to his disciples: “Whoever has my commandments and observes them is the one who loves me. Whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and reveal myself to him.” Judas, not the Iscariot, said to him, “Master, then what happened that you will reveal yourself to us and not to the world?” Jesus answered and said to him, “Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words; yet the word you hear is not mine but that of the Father who sent me.

“I have told you this while I am with you. The Advocate, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name—he will teach you everything and remind you of all that I told you.”
+ + + + + + +
Reflection:
A retired man was often present at daily Mass. He looked pious and devoted to the faith but when he’s home he unravels himself. He acts as the lord and master of their household.

Does he truly love God? I don’t think so; his love for God is superficial and is limited inside the four walls of his church. In the gospel Jesus says: “Whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and reveal myself to him.”

Certainly, Jesus and the Father the first two persons of the trinity have not revealed themselves to this man. Jesus further states: “Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.”

Sometimes it’s very hard for us to understand the mysteries of our faith for the reason that we are not true to our faith. Yes, we worship Jesus at Holy Mass but we don’t allow the grace of the Holy Mass to change us. – Marino J. Dasmarinas

No comments: