Quotations:

I am with you always until the end of this world - Jesus (Matthew 28:20).

Preach the Word in season and out of season reproving, rebuking or advising always with patience and providing instructions (2 Timothy 4:2).

Do not fear, Mary, for God has looked kindly on you (Luke 1:30).

Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly. - G. K. Chesterton

Monday, December 21, 2015

Reflection for December 21, Monday of the Fourth Week of Advent; Luke 1:39-45

Gospel: Luke 1:39-45
Mary set out in those days and traveled to the hill country in haste to a town of Judah, where she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the Holy Spirit, cried out in a loud voice and said, “Most blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb. And how does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy. Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled.”
 + + + + + +
Reflection:
The distance between people can sometimes make them feel as if they don’t know each other. As if they have not shared time together, indeed sometimes distance can torn people apart.

What is the distance between the location of Mary and the location of her cousin Elizabeth in Judah? Many miles or kilometres apart, it was a very long distance that could permanently separate these two cousins.

Perhaps when Mary was thinking of visiting her cousin Elizabeth, Mary pondered first of the distance between them. And perhaps after thinking of the very long distance that she would traverse Mary said: The heck with this very long distance between me and my cousin Elizabeth, I will visit my cousin, I want to see her and boost her spirit up.    

And so Mary did not anymore think of the distance, she simply went ahead risking everything with her. 

How about you? Do you allow distance to separate you from somebody you love and care? – Marino J. Dasmarinas 

No comments: