Quotations:

I am with you always until the end of this world - Jesus (Matthew 28:20).

Preach the Word in season and out of season reproving, rebuking or advising always with patience and providing instructions (2 Timothy 4:2).

Do not fear, Mary, for God has looked kindly on you (Luke 1:30).

Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly. - G. K. Chesterton

Virgin Coconut Oil for sale: 100% Pure and Cold-pressed. Coconut Oil is extracted naturally w/out using fermentation, any chemical process or heat. I’ve been using and taking VCO for more than 25 years now and I’m in excellent health. To learn more about the many health benefits of VCO please search Virgin Coconut Oil at: www.goggle.com or www.youtube.com If you’re interested please email me: mjdasma@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My Reflection for Wednesday May 7, Third Week of Easter; John 6:35-40

Gospel: John 6:35-40
Jesus said to the crowds, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst. But I told you that although you have seen me, you do not believe. Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me, because I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me. And this is the will of the one who sent me, that I should not lose anything of what he gave me, but that I should raise it on the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him may have eternal life, and I shall raise him on the last day.”
+ + + + +  + +
Reflection:
Do we always go to Jesus? We go to Him by confiding to Him all our worries and my letting Him take control of our lives. We go to Him by asking Him forgiveness, by listening to Him and by letting Him speak to us. For He is always there ever ready to listen to us, but do we always go to Jesus?

Don’t we go first to our worldly attachment before we go to Jesus? If at all we go to Jesus. Sometimes we don’t anymore go to Jesus, we don’t search and hunger for Him anymore. We don’t ask Him anymore to come and take control of our life; we instead drive our own life.

In our gospel for today Jesus tells us this, I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst. Jesus further tells us, I will not reject anyone who comes to me.

This bread of life discourse of Jesus invites us also to reflect on our own life in this world. Have we already touched lives? Have we given hope to the hopeless? Are our hearts always open to help those who come to us? Are our hearts open to those who ask for our forgiveness?

If Jesus is our Bread of Life, we too must become the bread of life for others. Most especially for those who do not know Jesus that well yet.  For this is the means for them to eventually know Jesus our Bread of Life.  

No comments: