Quotations:

I am with you always until the end of this world - Jesus (Matthew 28:20).

Preach the Word in season and out of season reproving, rebuking or advising always with patience and providing instructions (2 Timothy 4:2).

Do not fear, Mary, for God has looked kindly on you (Luke 1:30).

Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly. - G. K. Chesterton

Virgin Coconut Oil for sale: 100% Pure and Cold-pressed. Coconut Oil is extracted naturally w/out using fermentation, any chemical process or heat. I’ve been using and taking VCO for more than 25 years now and I’m in excellent health. To learn more about the many health benefits of VCO please search Virgin Coconut Oil at: www.goggle.com or www.youtube.com If you’re interested please email me: mjdasma@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

My Reflection for Wednesday May 21, Fifth Week of Easter; John 15:1-8

Gospel: John 15:1-8
(Jesus said to his disciples) 1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch of mine that bears no fruit, he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prune, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already made clean by the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. 5 I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in me, and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be my disciples.
+ + + + +  + +
Reflection:
What is the meaning of life without Jesus? Nothing its pure emptiness it’s like you are chasing for something that doesn’t exist. What then is the meaning of life with Jesus? With Jesus in your life you exist with a purpose in this world. You may not have the worldly riches and power (Which actually amounts to nothing when you are near the doorway of death).  

However, to journey with Jesus in this world is not all walk in the park. There will be hardship and to some extent persecution also, we have nothing to worry nevertheless. If God is with us who can be against us?

 In today’s gospel Jesus tells us that HE is the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser (John 15:1). What does this statement of Jesus tell us? Being the true vine we must always choose to be attached to HIM. With must not attach ourselves with anything that is worldly and anything that would only make us sin.

We must always keep in our hearts a foresight as we exist in this world and this foresight is to be with Jesus in the afterlife. That is why it’s very important for us to always be connected with the true vine and the vine dresser, nobody else but Jesus and God.  

Are you always connected with the Vine and the Vinedresser?

No comments: