Quotations:

I am with you always until the end of this world - Jesus (Matthew 28:20).

Preach the Word in season and out of season reproving, rebuking or advising always with patience and providing instructions (2 Timothy 4:2).

Do not fear, Mary, for God has looked kindly on you (Luke 1:30).

Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly. - G. K. Chesterton

Virgin Coconut Oil for sale: 100% Pure and Cold-pressed. Coconut Oil is extracted naturally w/out using fermentation, any chemical process or heat. I’ve been using and taking VCO for more than 25 years now and I’m in excellent health. To learn more about the many health benefits of VCO please search Virgin Coconut Oil at: www.goggle.com or www.youtube.com If you’re interested please email me: mjdasma@gmail.com

Saturday, March 8, 2014

My Reflection for Monday March 10 First Week of Lent, Matthew 25:31-46

+ + + + +  + +
Gospel: Matthew 25:31-46
31 "When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, 33 and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left. 34 Then the King will say to those at his right hand, `Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'

37 Then the righteous will answer him, `Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?' 40 And the King will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.'

41 Then he will say to those at his left hand, `Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' 44 Then they also will answer, `Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?' 45 Then he will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.' 46 And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
+ + + + +  + +
Reflection:
What do you feel when you sincerely help the needy, poor and in need? You will feel indescribable joy in your heart. Who give you this feeling of indescribable joyfulness? It’s Jesus none other than Jesus.

We have in our gospel two groups of people - the group on the right side and the one on the left side.  The group of people on the right side was those who helped the poor, in prison, needy and the like. Those on the left side were those who were insensitive to their needs.  Of course the Good Lord favored those at His right side, so the Lord gave them eternal life. And those who were on His left side, the Lord gave eternal punishment.

This gospel invites us to reflect on how we relate with the poor and less fortunate. Look around!  You may have relatives or neighbors who are not as affluent as you are. Many of us are carried away with the riches that we have that we tend to forget the less fortunate and the poor.

This lent is a wake up call for all of us. We must be concerned with their welfare, a concern that is real and not just for show. For there are times that we want our good deeds to be publicized, we want others to know about it. And we even want it  posted on facebook and other social media venues so that others may admire us for what we do.

However, this display of fake charity does not count with the Lord.          

No comments: