Quotations:

I am with you always until the end of this world - Jesus (Matthew 28:20).

Preach the Word in season and out of season reproving, rebuking or advising always with patience and providing instructions (2 Timothy 4:2).

Do not fear, Mary, for God has looked kindly on you (Luke 1:30).

Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly. - G. K. Chesterton

Virgin Coconut Oil for sale: 100% Pure and Cold-pressed. Coconut Oil is extracted naturally w/out using fermentation, any chemical process or heat. I’ve been using and taking VCO for more than 25 years now and I’m in excellent health. To learn more about the many health benefits of VCO please search Virgin Coconut Oil at: www.goggle.com or www.youtube.com If you’re interested please email me: mjdasma@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Reflections for Sunday August 19, Twentieth Sunday in Ordinary Time John 6:51-58

Gospel:
Jesus said to the crowds: "I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world." The Jews quarreled among themselves, saying, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?" Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.
For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him. Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died, whoever eats this bread will live forever."
+ + + + + + +

My Reflections:
There was a non practicing catholic whose house was located across the church. Every morning his wife would wake him up to accompany her to go to church to attend Holy Mass but he would always refuse. For so many months it was always like that every early morning. Out of curiosity he decided to go with his wife just to see what was going-on inside.

Upon going inside the Holy Mass has just started and to his amazement he saw angels all over the altar especially near the tabernacle. During consecration instead of the Holy Host, he saw real flesh being raised-up by the priest for the faithful to adore. Thereafter the retired man became a faithful believer and a constant presence in the daily celebration of the Holy Mass.

When Jesus said that He was the living bread that came down from heaven…     the Jews did not believe him. “In fact they said, “How can this man give us His flesh to eat?” Indeed, how come that the host that we receive during Holy Communion becomes the body and blood of Jesus? It takes deep faith to believe the real presence of Jesus’ body and blood during Holy Communion. Obviously the Jews who were complaining about this brave declaration of Jesus did not have faith.

But do we really have faith?

When we fall in line for Holy Communion are we deeply focused with faith on the blessing that we are about to receive? After receiving Jesus do we still kneel and deeply communicate with Him? Or we just kneel because that’s the gesture that we have to do and we do it just for the sake of doing it. Do we still observe the Eucharistic fast and do we humbly submit ourselves to the Sacrament of Reconciliation at least once a year or as often as we want to? Do we go to Sunday Mass for the reason that it is our Sunday obligation? Or we go because we are influenced by our deep faith and love for Jesus?      

Many are always going to Mass every Sunday or even almost everyday but not everyone goes through the process of conversion. For the simple truth that we don’t allow ourselves to be converted by the Body and Blood of Jesus.

We persist to dominate Jesus because we refuse His call to walk away from our sinfulness. We continue to increase and Jesus continuous to decrease because we persist to be self-righteous and we intentionally refuse His call for us to be humble like Him. … 

No comments: