Quotations:

I am with you always until the end of this world - Jesus (Matthew 28:20).

Preach the Word in season and out of season reproving, rebuking or advising always with patience and providing instructions (2 Timothy 4:2).

Do not fear, Mary, for God has looked kindly on you (Luke 1:30).

Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly. - G. K. Chesterton

Virgin Coconut Oil for sale: 100% Pure and Cold-pressed. Coconut Oil is extracted naturally w/out using fermentation, any chemical process or heat. I’ve been using and taking VCO for more than 25 years now and I’m in excellent health. To learn more about the many health benefits of VCO please search Virgin Coconut Oil at: www.goggle.com or www.youtube.com If you’re interested please email me: mjdasma@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Reflections for Tuesday July 24, Sixteenth Week in Ordinary Time Matthew 12:46-50


Gospel:
While Jesus was speaking to the crowds, his mother and his brothers appeared outside, wishing to speak with him. Someone told him, "Your mother and your brothers are standing outside, asking to speak with you." But he said in reply to the one who told him, "Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?" And stretching out his hand toward his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my heavenly Father is my brother, and sister, and mother."
+ + + + + + +
My Reflections:
There’s a story of a man who badly wanted to be close to Jesus so he went to a wise man and he asked for his counsel on what he must do to achieve his desire. The wise man told him to do good all the time, to help and extend love to everyone without expecting something in return. He followed the wise advice without question and true enough he found closeness with Jesus.
 
Closeness with Jesus is something that is always within our reach, it’s always there for us to take. Yet closeness with Jesus also requires us to follow His devotion to the will of God the Father for Him. We must do this also if we want to be close to Jesus and be called Jesus’ brother, sister and mother.

We must also desire to be called Jesus’ brother, sister and mother.

No comments: