Quotations:

I am with you always until the end of this world - Jesus (Matthew 28:20).

Preach the Word in season and out of season reproving, rebuking or advising always with patience and providing instructions (2 Timothy 4:2).

Do not fear, Mary, for God has looked kindly on you (Luke 1:30).

Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly. - G. K. Chesterton

Virgin Coconut Oil for sale: 100% Pure and Cold-pressed. Coconut Oil is extracted naturally w/out using fermentation, any chemical process or heat. I’ve been using and taking VCO for more than 25 years now and I’m in excellent health. To learn more about the many health benefits of VCO please search Virgin Coconut Oil at: www.goggle.com or www.youtube.com If you’re interested please email me: mjdasma@gmail.com

Monday, September 7, 2009

My Gospel Reflections for Tuesday September 8: Matthew 1:1-16, 18-23 (Feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary)


My Reflections:
Today Tuesday Sept. 8 is the Feast of the Nativity/Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The Nativity of the Blessed Mother is celebrated as a liturgical feast in the Roman Catholic calendar nine months after the solemnity of her Immaculate Conception, celebrated on 8 December.

Today is also the birthday of my Mother (Natividad Jabonete Dasmarinas); she was born on September 8 1942. Her name Natividad is the Spanish translation of Nativity. I reflected on how she got that name and I came to this conclusion that my grandparents had that special devotion also to the Blessed Mother. Otherwise they would have not named my mother Natividad.

We Catholics have this very deep devotion to the Blessed Mother for the reason that she is our universal mother. The respect and devotion that we give her is the same respect and devotion that we gave our own mothers. How can we not venerate Mama Mary when she is the mother of our Lord Jesus Christ.

If we do not have that special devotion to Mama Mary it goes without saying that we may not also have that devotion and respect for our own mothers.

Mama Mary is the mother of our Lord Jesus Christ; we must always give her the respect and devotion that she richly deserved.

No comments: