Quotations:

I am with you always until the end of this world - Jesus (Matthew 28:20).

Preach the Word in season and out of season reproving, rebuking or advising always with patience and providing instructions (2 Timothy 4:2).

Preach the gospel at all times use words if necessary. - St. Francis of Asisi

Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly. - G. K. Chesterton

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Gospel Reflections for Friday May 29: John 21:15-19

My Reflections:
There’s always a responsibility attached to the word love. We cannot love without sacrifice; we cannot love without emptying ourselves for the person that we love. The word love is not a lip service word it is always coupled with positive action for those whom we love.

In the gospel Jesus asked Simon Peter three times: “Do you love me?” and whenever Simon Peter replies in the affirmative Jesus always gives him a responsibility (Feed my lambs, Tend my sheep, Feed my sheep) that he must do to substantiate his love.

This is also what Jesus wants us to do if we profess to love Him. For we cannot love God if we purposely turn a blind eye to the needs of others.

Do you really love Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment