Quotations:

I am with you always until the end of this world - Jesus (Matthew 28:20).

Preach the Word in season and out of season reproving, rebuking or advising always with patience and providing instructions (2 Timothy 4:2).

Do not fear, Mary, for God has looked kindly on you (Luke 1:30).

Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly. - G. K. Chesterton

Virgin Coconut Oil for sale: 100% Pure and Cold-pressed. Coconut Oil is extracted naturally w/out using fermentation, any chemical process or heat. I’ve been using and taking VCO for more than 25 years now and I’m in excellent health. To learn more about the many health benefits of VCO please search Virgin Coconut Oil at: www.goggle.com or www.youtube.com If you’re interested please email me: mjdasma@gmail.com

Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Gospel Reflections for the Second Sunday of Advent: December 7, Mark 1:1-8


My Reflections:

Yesterday afternoon I presided a funeral blessing for a 92 years old man, when I arrived, the chapel was already teeming with people. There were speakers who gave him glowing tributes, an old lady told me that he was instrumental in the building of their chapel, another one told me that he encourage a lot of people in their place to attend the cursillo, another old man who was his contemporary told me that he was always leading the rosary in their chapel. There were many more good things that I heard about him and it all told me one thing: in his own humble manner he prepared the way of the Lord for them.

On this second Sunday of Advent we reflect on how John the Baptist fulfilled with humility the prophecy of the prophet Isaiah. He preached repentance and forgiveness of sins; he prepared the way for Jesus with humility when he said: “One mightier than I am is coming after me. I am not worthy to stoop and loosen the thongs of his sandals. I have baptized you with water; he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.” John perfectly knew that his role was to be a herald for the coming of our savior Jesus.

As Christian Catholics, this is also our role; to be messengers for Jesus with humility. To help spread the good news about repentance and forgiveness of our sins through the Sacrament of Confession.

We should not keep to ourselves this beautiful call for repentance we must echo this call to our friends and most specially our family members. However, it’s easier said than done, it’s not easy to encourage them to humbly submit themselves to the Sacrament of Confession. But if we will be like John who embraced his discipleship with all humility I think we will be effective.

On this second Sunday of Advent we are therefore being challenged by the gospel to help prepare the way of the Lord and to respond to John’s call for repentance.

Are we prepared to respond? 

No comments: