Quotations:

I am with you always until the end of this world - Jesus (Matthew 28:20).

Preach the Word in season and out of season reproving, rebuking or advising always with patience and providing instructions (2 Timothy 4:2).

Preach the gospel at all times use words if necessary. - St. Francis of Asisi

Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly. - G. K. Chesterton

Thursday, January 17, 2008

My reflections for January 20, John 1:29-34

My Reflection:
In my almost nine (9) years in my ministry I’ve seen a lot of human behaviors in the Church. There are many who silently work for God and there are a few who works for personal interest: they want to be seen, to be popular and use their ministry to advance their own selfish interest. For obvious reasons they normally don’t last in their ministry.

In the gospel we see the humility of John, instead of boasting himself he humbly said: "Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! He is the one of whom I said, ´A man is coming after me who ranks ahead of me because he existed before me.´ In John 3:30 he even said: “He must increase; I must decrease.” John knew that his role in the church was to proclaim the greatness of Jesus not his.

In doing our Church ministry and in our lives, are we sometimes tempted to boast about ourselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment