Quotations:

I am with you always until the end of this world - Jesus (Matthew 28:20).

Preach the Word in season and out of season reproving, rebuking or advising always with patience and providing instructions (2 Timothy 4:2).

Do not fear, Mary, for God has looked kindly on you (Luke 1:30).

Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly. - G. K. Chesterton

Virgin Coconut Oil for sale: 100% Pure and Cold-pressed. Coconut Oil is extracted naturally w/out using fermentation, any chemical process or heat. I’ve been using and taking VCO for more than 25 years now and I’m in excellent health. To learn more about the many health benefits of VCO please search Virgin Coconut Oil at: www.goggle.com or www.youtube.com If you’re interested please email me: mjdasma@gmail.com

Friday, November 23, 2007

My Reflection on the 34th Sunday Gospel: Luke 23:35-43 Feast of Christ the King, Nov. 25, 07


My reflection:
This Gospel reading had been intensely put to life in the movie The Passion of the Christ by Mel Gibson. The whole movie in fact shows the intense passion of Jesus, it started while Jesus was praying in the garden of Gethsemane. “After withdrawing about a stone's throw from them and kneeling, he prayed, saying, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup away from me; still, not my will but yours be done." And to strengthen him an angel from heaven appeared to him. He was in such agony and he prayed so fervently that his sweat became like drops of blood falling on the ground. (Luke 22:42-44). The movie ended with his crucifixion and eventual resurrection.

This Sunday we are at the end of the church’s calendar and we are celebrating the feast of Christ the King. The Gospel truly depicts the heavenly kingship of Jesus a kingship that is at odds with our own worldly idea. Jesus’ kingship is a kingship of Obedience, of Humility, of Servanthood and of Suffering and Sacrifice for the salvation of all humanity. He did not mind the anguish and humiliation; He was so focused with his mission.

On the latter part of the Gospel, were the two thieves: one was unrepentant and the other one was full of remorse and humility that he asked Jesus to remember him when He comes to his kingdom. And Jesus did not fail him; He brought along the repentant thief to His paradise.

Brothers and sisters discussing from experience, it’s not really easy to follow the kingship of Jesus it’s full of sacrifice and trials but it’s during this sacrifices and trials that we will feel His abiding presence in our life and beyond.

Jesus is continuously inviting us to follow His kingship. “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

Are you willing to respond?

No comments: